One of Dubai’s exciting and famous shopping centers is the Mercato Shopping Mall. The unique interior design and architecture of Mercato Shopping Mall have made it very special. Even if you don’t want to go shopping, you can just go there and explore different parts of it like a museum or an exhibition.
Mercato Shopping Mall was designed by Daniele Morelli who is an Italian architect. He was inspired by the concept and shape of Mediterranean towns during the European Renaissance in Italy. The Mercato Shopping Mall was inaugurated in the year 2002 in the Jumeirah area. The name “Mercato” comes from the Italian language and it means market.
The original design and creative space of Mercato Shopping Mall have made it very special. It is not like any other mall in the world. You don’t go there just for shopping; you go there to explore the beauty and mystery of this unique mall. In this article, we want to talk about the Mercato Shopping Mall and give you a little information about the activities and entertainment you can experience in this beautiful mall.
Restaurants and coffee shops of Mercato Shopping Mall
A great thing about Mercato Shopping Mall is the number of restaurants and coffee shops. A lot of visitors to the Mercato Shopping Mall don’t have the intention to shop; they just go there to visit the beauties of this glamorous mall and spend a memorable time. Most of the units on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall are food services and ready to cater to the visitors.
There are several options for eating or drinking at the Mercato Shopping Mall but we are going to name the most popular ones for you:
- Noon & Kabab: This is an Iranian restaurant where you can taste Iranian food and Kabab in there. This restaurant is located on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall.
- Alison Nelson: You can go to this café on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall for breakfast. They offer a varied breakfast menu with a lot of options including soup, cake, dessert, sandwiches, etc.
- Azkadenya: If you want to taste Arabian food, you can go to this restaurant on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall.
- Chinese Palace: You can go to the Chinese Palace if you are looking for Chinese food. This is also on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall.
- Gazebo: You can find this Indian restaurant on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall.
- Costa: If you want a simple coffee to drink, this is a great place for you on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall.
- Cinnabon: This is another food station on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall.
- Haagen Dazs: If you are looking for delicious deserts and ice creams you can go to this place on the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall.
If you are looking for fast food restaurant chains that everyone from around the world is familiar with them; Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonald’s, Hardee’s, etc have branches in Mercato Shopping Mall and you can find them on the first floor.
Attractions and entertainments of Mercato Shopping Mall
Mercato Shopping Mall is a grand mall with a lot of opportunities for all kinds of people. It doesn’t matter if you are a child or a grown person with a specified taste and need. You can find fashion, fun, art, and food in Mercato Shopping Mall. Continuing we will talk about some of the entertainments and welfare amenities that you get in Mercato Shopping Mall as a tourist.
- Vox Cinemas: On the first floor of Mercato Shopping Mall you will see a number of cinemas with 7 halls and screens. This part of Mercato Shopping Mall has a capacity of 1400 people at the same time.
- Spinneys supermarket: This is a branch of a popular chain store in Dubai where you can purchase some decorating things for your home or do some grocery shopping. This store is located on the ground floor of Mercato Shopping Mall. This is the biggest store in Mercato Shopping Mall.
- Virgin Megastore: This is a store full of music albums, movies, and books. You can purchase tickets for upcoming shows and concerts in Dubai city. You can also buy Arabic and English books at this store.
- Fun City: This part of Mercato Shopping Mall is mostly for kids. It has a lot of entertainment like video games, a playground, etc.
There are more than 120 acting units in Mercato Shopping Mall offering various kinds of services. There are a lot more options for visitors of Mercato Shopping Mall including kids’ room, toilets, parking, ATM, etc.
Accessibility of Mercato Shopping Mall
Personal car: if you are coming with your car, you just have to pick Jumeirah beach road as your destination and you will find Mercato Shopping Mall easily.
Bus: There are several bus stations on the Jumeirah Beach Road that come from different spots in Dubai. You can take the 12, 8, C10, and X28 buses and you will get to Mercato Shopping Mall.
Taxi: You can get a taxi to Mercato Shopping Mall from every spot in Dubai. You just have to name the mall and they take you there. To return to your hotel or other destination, you can take a cab in front of Mercato Shopping Mall. Taxies are always there and ready to serve you.
Subway: Nearest subway station to the Mercato Shopping Mall is the Financial Centre Station but you have to take a cab from there to the mall.
Location: Jumeirah Beach Road, Dubai.
Timings: Mercato Shopping Mall is open every day from 10 AM to 10 PM.