Oman is one of the important countries in the Middle East with Islamic religion and Arabic culture. The strategic situation of Oman in the Arabian Peninsula and its relations with other countries encourages a lot of people to travel to this beautiful country. Every year more than 3 million people choose Oman as their destination for travel.
The number of foreign people that live and travel to Oman has brought diverse cultures to this country. this diverse society made Oman create a community that can relate to any person with any lifestyle and culture. you can find various international restaurants in Oman that offer high-quality food to their guests.
In this article, we are going to talk about the top 5 restaurants in Oman and introduce them a little bit. We hope that you find it helpful in planning your trip to Oman.
Baba Salem Restaurant
Baba Salem is one of the greatest restaurants in Oman that provides Turkish cuisine for their guests. Baba Salem restaurant’s food has very reasonable prices and yet very tasty food.
If you are looking for a restaurant that offers both economic and delicious food you have to try Baba Salem. Another one of the options that top this restaurant is the closeness to Qurum Park and Beach. This great restaurant offers both outdoor and indoor spaces.
- Timings: Every day from 10:30 AM to 2 AM.
- Location: Way No: 2237, Muscat, 113 Oman.
Bait Al Luban Omani Restaurant
After a 4 or 5-minute walk from Mutrah Souq, you’ll get to one of the best restaurants in Oman called Bait Al Luban. This beautiful restaurant was a resort for fishermen. You can see the beautiful architecture and feel the historic era. The interior design is inspired by traditional Arabian interior design.
Bit Al Luban restaurant has a gorgeous balcony as an outdoor space where most people like to enjoy their food on the glamourous balcony of this restaurant and its beautiful view. If you want to have your food in the outdoor space of the Bait Al Luban Restaurant it’s better to book a spot a few days before you want to go there.
- Timings: Every day from 12 PM to 11 PM.
- Location: Harat A’shamal Street, OM MUTTRAH CORNICHE OM, 130, Oman.
China Mood Restaurant
Another great restaurant in Oman is China Mood Restaurant which is an Asian restaurant with various Asian food options on its menu. The interior design of China Mood restaurant is inspired by Chinese culture and interior design.
China Mood restaurant is not different from any other restaurant in an Asian country. the menu, design, and the way they serve the food are exactly like the local Chinese restaurants in Asian countries.
- Timings: Every day from 6:30 PM to 11 PM.
- Location: Al Bustan Palace Ritz-Carlton Hotel, Muttrah Muscat OM, 114, Oman.
Bin Ateeq Restaurant
If you are looking for a place that offers traditional Omani dishes in the traditional Omani way you have to try Bin Ateeq restaurant’s food. Bin Ateeq is a great restaurant in Oman with Omani Cuisine and serves in Omani tradition.
You can try camel meat served on large trays and eat it while seating on the floor. You can experience a meal like a real Arab person in this restaurant.
- Wednesday to Saturday open 24 hours
- Monday and Tuesday from 11 AM to 12 AM
- Sunday from 11 AM to 1 AM.
- Location: Al Khuwair, Muscat 113, Oman.
The Beach Restaurant
The Beach Restaurant is one of the greatest restaurants you can find in Oman with an eye-catching view over the beautiful coastline and beaches of the Gulf of Oman. This luxurious restaurant offers both a relaxing and memorable time and a high-quality meal.
You can see traditional Arabian seafood and some international foods on their menu.
- Timings: Every day from 6 PM to 12:30 PM.
- Location: The Chedi Hotel, North Ghubra 232, Way 3215, Street 46 Oman, 133 18th November Street, Muscat, Oman.
Street Food in Oman
Whenever you are in Oman you can dine at their luxurious restaurants but if you are looking for an original Omani recipe you have to taste their food on the streets.
A great part of your trip to Oman is tasting their food. Every time you’re in a foreign country you are eager to try their traditional food. By tasting their food, you feel like you are a part of their culture and you can relate to their culture and traditions much easier.
In the following part of the article, we are going to introduce some of the most famous street foods in Oman that you have to try on your trip to Oman.
- Falafel: this is one of the most famous Arabian foods that probably everyone is familiar with. If you want to taste this delicious food on its mainland you find it on the streets of Oman.
- Shawarma: Shawarma is another popular Arabian food that is loved by most people. It is a wrap of food that it consists of chicken, beef, or any kind of meat with different dressings. Every Shawarma tastes different based on the ingredients. You can find this delicious food on the streets of Oman.
- Mishka: this is one of the most original Omani foods that you can’t find in any other country. They are marinated pieces of chicken, beef, or meat that are stuck on a stick. You can either eat them directly from the stick or wrapped in a loaf of bread.
- Kebabs: Kebabs are different from Mishka. These are one of the tastiest street foods that you can find on the streets of Oman. The ingredients of Kebab are not very complicated and most everyone will find them delicious.
In this article, we talked about the best restaurants in Oman and the most delicious street foods that you can find on the streets of Oman. We tried to help you prioritize your options for your meals on your trip to Oman and have a better trip in this gorgeous country.