Dubai skydive is a unique experience that you won’t find anywhere else. Skydiving is a popular and adrenaline releaser sport in which you will jump off a plane in the sky with a parachute. There are two spots in Dubai where you can experience this sport in. If you are looking for the best place to experience this sport, you should go to Dubai. In this article, we want to talk about the opportunity to enjoy skydiving in Dubai and the options you will get as a tourist experiencing this exciting sport.
Different places to experience skydiving in Dubai
All skydive activities in Dubai are managed by the Dubai skydive corporate and there are two places where you can have the experience of skydiving: the palm drop zone and the desert drop zone.
Palm drop zone
You can skydive at more than 10,000 ft in the air with a view over the magnificent Palm island. Palm Island is a manmade island in the shape of a palm tree surrounded by water on three sides and the glamourous Jumeirah Beach on one side. If you want more information about palm island, click here.
At this spot, you will have a mesmerizing look at the Persian Gulf and you can see the shape of a palm island that you are only able to see in pictures, some of Dubai’s famous buildings like Burj Al Arab and the Jumeirah beach.
Although Dubai has the tallest skyscrapers in the world, none of them are tall enough to take you this much up the ground and give you this view.
Make sure to be there 15 minutes before your appointment because you have to fill out some forms and take a standard health checkup. After that, you will meet the coach and the team that will take you on the skydiving. They will inform you about the correct body movements and teach you some basic information on safety training during the dive. This won’t take as much time from you as you expect but makes you feel more secure and safe.
After the training and preparations, you will get into the right outfit and get on the plane to go up in the air. After a 20-minute flight, you will get to an appropriate height. At this point, your instructor will attach him/herself to you with a harness and you will get in the right position and get ready to jump. After this comes the best part that you’ve been waiting for. The free fall will last for about 60 seconds and after that, the instructor will release the parachute. After the release, you will experience a speed down in your fall. This is a much more relaxing part and you have the next 5 to 7 minutes to enjoy the mesmerizing view and capture the glamorous picture in your memory.
If you are an expert in skydiving, got a skydiving certificate, and have more than 1000 experiences in your life, you have the opportunity to dive by yourself and without an instructor.
- Location: Skydive Dubai’s Palm Drop Zone is situated at Al Seyahi Street, Mina Seyahi, in Dubai city.
- Timings: the timing of Skydive Dubai’s Palm Drop Zone changes based on the season and month.
- January to May: 10:00 AM to sunset
- June: 09:00 AM to sunset
- July to August: 05:00 AM to 12:00 PM; (closed on Wednesdays)
- September: 09:00 AM to sunset
- October to December: 10:00 AM to sunset
Skydive Dubai Desert Campus Drop Zone
This drop zone is located outside of Dubai city. If you’re not an expert in skydiving and you don’t have any experience in this sport, you should come to the Skydive Dubai Desert Campus. This is a campus that will teach and prepare beginners with no experience in this particular sport whatsoever and who want to try skydiving for the first time.
This is a one-time opportunity in your life and the courses are not just for the local people. The skydiving courses are also available for visitors to Dubai city. This is one of the best campuses in the world for this sport. Every year a lot of men and women come to this campus from around the world to take skydiving courses at this campus in The United Arab Emirates.
- Location: The Desert Campus drop zone is located outside Dubai: on E66 (Dubai-Al Ain road), near Margham, Dubai city.
- Timings: Dubai Desert Campus Drop Zone is closed on Mondays. On the other days of the week will open at 8:00 AM and the first skydive of the day starts at 9:00.
Safety in the Dubai Skydiving
Skydiving is a risky sport for sure but you can’t worry too much about your safety in Dubai Skydiving. You should know that only the most qualified instructors and teachers are hired in the skydiving drop zones of Dubai. All the parachutes being used in Dubai Skydive are under surveillance from the USPA and Emirates aviation and they are purchased from the greatest brands.
All the skydiving equipment has an automatic activation option that in unpredictable situations where the instructor is not able to release the parachute will automatically activate the parachute. This system is now used everywhere including in Dubai.
You will be charged about 3,300 $ for taking skydiving classes at the Skydive Dubai Desert Campus.
Tips and facts for a better experience in Dubai Skydive
- You should be at least 18 years old to be allowed to skydive in Dubai.
- There are limitations to your BMI and body situation:
- Women should be at most 90 kg or less. At most 27.5 BMI
- Men should be at most 100 kg or less. At most 30 BMI
- It’s better if you have a healthy breakfast. It’s not a good idea to go skydiving when you had an empty or very full stomach.
- You should wear comfy and sporty clothing. High heels, sandals, or dresses are not allowed.
- If you are a woman and it’s important for you to have a lady as your instructor, you have to declare it at the enrollment.
- You don’t have to be an athlete for experiencing skydiving. As long as your weight is in the required range and you have a healthy lifestyle, you’ll be safe.
- Summers are too hot in Dubai so you better go skydiving in other seasons for avoiding possible sunburning.
- The best time for skydiving in Dubai is 10:00 AM for avoiding the hot weather of the afternoon.
- The palm drop zone is very crowded and busy most of the time so you better book a time before you go down there. The Desert drop zone is less crowded and you might have a chance to dive if you go there without a reservation but if you want to be sure that you will get an appointment you better book a time a couple of days before.
Dubai is a city full of opportunities for a person looking for exciting activities to experience and one of these many options is skydiving. In this article, we talked about the full experience of skydiving in Dubai and the options you get as a visitor who wants to try sky diving for the first time in life.
You can pay a bit more and your skydive in Dubai will be documented and you can get the videos and photos taken of you as soon as you land.