ski Dubai is a fantastic ski resort in the magical Dubai city with over 22,500 square meters of area for skiing. Ski Dubai is another wonder in Dubai city that holds the record for being the world’s third-best indoor ski resort and the greatest indoor ski resort in the Middle East. A lot of local people and tourists visit Ski Dubai for experiencing various winter sports or an intimate experience with penguins.
Ski Dubai will surprise you because you don’t expect to see such an amazing ski resort in a desert land like Dubai city. Being the first indoor ski resort in the Middle East, Ski Dubai allows you to experience snowy winters in the middle of the hot climate and deserts of the UAE. In this article, we are going to talk about this glamorous indoor ski resort in Dubai and tell you all about it. hope it comes in handy when you are planning a visit to Dubai.
Accessibility, location and timing of Ski Dubai
- Location: Sheikh Zayed Rd, Al Barsha, Al Barsha 1, Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Situated in the Mall of the Emirates.
- Monday to Friday 10 AM to 11 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 9 AM to 12 AM.
- Average time needed for visiting Ski Dubai: 2 to 4 hours.
You don’t have to be a professional skier to be able to enjoy Ski Dubai and have a great time there. There are all kinds of activities in Ski Dubai that pleases every person with any condition or interest. The height of Ski Dubai is comparable to a 20-floor building. You can experience all kinds of winter sports like snowboarding, skiing, sledding, etc. There are several coffee shops in Ski Dubai where you can enjoy a hot beverage in that freezing ski resort. There are also a group of mentors in Ski Dubai that help you have an easier and more pleasant time while enjoying the sports. So based on the given information you get that Ski Dubai is the perfect place for a family to spend quality time with each other.
Some facts about Ski Dubai you didn’t know
- Ski Dubai was chosen as the world’s best indoor ski resort in the years 2016 and 2017.
- Ski Dubai offers various packages to visitors, providing different access and options. Ski Dubai Snow Park packages – Ski Dubai Snow Penguin packages – Slope Packages for skiers or snowboarders, are three main titles that every of them offers various kinds of packages to visitors.
- Children under 2 years are not allowed in Ski Dubai.
- Children from 2 to 8 years old are only allowed in Ski Dubai with an adult.
- Children from 9 to 12 years old are allowed to visit Ski Dubai if their parents are in the Mall of the Emirates.
- The temperature inside Ski Dubai always stays at -4 degrees centigrade.
- You don’t have to bring your material or clothes for sports in Ski Dubai you can borrow all of them. Every package gives you the necessary materials.
Penguin’s encounter in Ski Dubai
If you also love penguins these fluffy creatures just like me you shouldn’t miss meeting them in Ski Dubai. There are King and Gentoo penguins in Ski Dubai and you can see them marching in the ski resort of Dubai several times a day.
If you want you can purchase a ticket, get close to the penguins, and touch them. You will also get some basic information about these types of penguins and their lifestyle from vets and experts. Ski Dubai is the first place in the world to provide interactive programs for children to inform them about penguins.
Dubai is a city full of wonders every one of them will amaze you. One of the many amazing places in Dubai that hold worldwide records is Ski Dubai. Ski Dubai is a charming indoor ski resort with many activity options. You can spend a memorable time in Ski Dubai with your family members or your group of friends. We tried to introduce this wonderful ski resort in Dubai city to help you plan a better visit before you go there.