One of the biggest malls in Barcelona, located on the beach of Marbella, near Pablaneo, is the Diagonal Mar shopping mall. This shopping center opened in 2001 on three floors in Barcelona. With an area of 87,000 square meters, this complex has many shops with domestic and foreign brands for women, men, and children.
The area where this mall is located was once one of the slums in Barcelona. But after the opening of this shopping center and the construction of various buildings around it, this area has become one of the attractions of Barcelona. This area, especially in its Diagonal Street, which is one of the largest and longest streets in the city, has very good business centers, hotels, residences, and shopping centers such as Diagonal Mar Shopping Center. Therefore, our suggestion to tourists for shopping is Diagonal Street and Diagonal Mall. Next to this shopping center is the second-largest park in Barcelona. Tourists can rest there for a short time after shopping.
Introducing the city of Barcelona
Barcelona is one of the most important cities and the capital of Spain, which is known as one of the popular and popular places among tourists due to its unique attractions and features. This beautiful and spectacular city with a population of 1,621,537 is one of the most populous and autonomous cities in Catalonia. Barcelona is a port city that is located on a plateau with an area of 101 square kilometers in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula and next to the Mediterranean Sea. The Calcerola mountain range, the southwest Eubergat River, and the north Bessus River all surround the city in some way.
Despite its Mediterranean attractions and ancient monuments, old neighborhoods, bullfighting, and even football, this city is world-famous and is considered the center of the independent region of Catalonia. The historical, cultural, and natural attractions of Barcelona, along with its hotels and shopping centers such as the Diagonal Mar shopping center, have attracted the attention of many enthusiasts.
Where is Avinguda Diagonal?
One of the long and important streets existed in the form of a diagonal line in the city of Barcelona and divided the city into two parts. The diagonal street is about 11 km long and its width is about 50 meters. You can see many places such as hotels, big companies and commercial-office towers in this street of Barcelona.
Also, according to our topic in this section, three large and modern shopping centers named Lea, Gloris, and finally Diagonal Mar shopping center are located on this street. There are large branches of famous international and Spanish brands such as Calvin, Klein, Levi’s, Edge Andam, Benton and Zara, and Mango in the stores and shops of each of these 3 shopping centers. Also, this street is the location of one of the branches of the El Corte Ingles chain store.
Stores and Shops of Diagonal Mar Shopping Center in Barcelona
The Diagonal Mar shopping center in Barcelona has more than 150 stores and shops. Most of the shops and stores that operate in this shopping center use domestic brands and the most famous foreign brands to sell their products.
Whatever tourists need, they can easily and with peace of mind buy it from Diagonal Mar. The stores of this shopping center have everything from home appliances to numerous boutiques of men’s, women’s, and children’s clothes, cosmetics, ornaments, etc. In general, all famous international brands and Spanish brands that are very popular and popular among people can be found in the stores and shops of Diagonal Mar Barcelona shopping center.
Features of the Diagonal Mar building in the city of Barcelona
One of Barcelona’s biggest retail centers, Diagonal Mar, is close to Poblenou and Marbella Beach. This three-story shopping mall was constructed in 2001. Zara, H&M, Primark, and FNAC are just a few of the well-known international brands that can be found in the Diagonal Mar retail mall.
As previously noted, Diagonal Mar has been developed with around 150 shops and businesses spread across 80,000 square meters as well as other services like a theater, an office, car agencies, etc. The third-floor public access to free Wi-Fi is another significant aspect of the shopping mall. Also, Diagonal Mar offers free parking for those who use its facilities within the first three hours.
Barcelona’s Diagonal Mar Park, the second-largest park in the city, is one of the city’s attractions. You may spend some time in this park to unwind and catch your breath after shopping because it is located close to the Diagonal Mar shopping mall. Also, the already-open eateries are prepared to provide this shopping center’s loyal patrons with good meals.
More tips about Diagonal Mar in Barcelona
Prior to selecting any Barcelona retail mall, including Diagonal Mar, it is advisable to pay attention to the following factors:
- Using simple, affordable, and quick public transit is crucial to lowering travel expenses for visitors. By preparing the Barcelona metro map, it will be easier and easier for you to move around the city to reach your desired destination.
- Another factor is that Barcelona is regarded as a low-cost city to live in, and as a result, taxi fares are lower here than in other European cities and in Spain. Considering the lack of tourist attractions, this makes taxis a viable choice for transferring people after the metro.
- Tourists may quickly and safely buy the stuff they desire since the quality and cost of the goods in this lovely city’s stores and shopping malls, as well as the public transit service, is much better and lower than in other European cities.
- It is best to have enough time, money, and space to explore Diagonal Mar given the size of this shopping mall and the diversity of goods and items in its stores.
- The following amenities and services are therefore aimed for the comfort and well-being of visitors to this retail mall and can be specifically mentioned in light of Diagonal Mar’s unique location:
- Free wireless internet on the last or third floor of the building
- Car agencies
- Mother and child room (playroom and childcare)
- Lost items service
- Restaurants serve all kinds of food, including sushi, burgers, tapas, etc.
- Coffee shops
- the cinema
- Many stores and shops for clothes, household appliances and…
- There is a park near the shopping center
How to access Barcelona’s Diagonal Mar shopping center
The quickest method to get to this well-known retail area in Barcelona is by Diagonal Mar, which runs past numerous metro stations including Maria Cristina, Gloris, and Marsame or Forum on Diagonal Boulevard. These metro stations are situated close to each of the three commercial areas on this street, allowing for easy and affordable access to the necessities.
Visiting hours of Diagonal Mar shopping center
In order to visit the stores in this shopping center and use its facilities such as theaters, restaurants, etc., people can visit this place on the following working days and hours and make their purchases easily.
- Monday to Saturday from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Restaurants and cinemas:
- From Monday to Thursday from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
- On Fridays, Saturdays, and holidays from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm.